Lakeside 4×4 Scenic Safari
Shortly after rounding the Rocky Point bluff the hidden Dingleburn Valley will open up magically before your eyes. As we enter the valley and pass by the Dingle lagoon the farm buildings and ammenities become apparent including an historic woolshed, shearers quarters, bunkhouses and further out building’s that make up the hub of Dingleburn Station. Feel a sense of remoteness and isolation. Look up to the Manuka Spur and see the old bridal trail, you can almost imagine a string of horses descending down into the valley some 100 years earlier, bringing supplies, news from the outside world and the mailbag.
- Driving the Rocky Point Bluffs, looking to the lake below and marveling at how a road was ever blasted and pushed through this seemingly impenetrable wall of rock.
- A short walk to the bottom of Waterfall Creek (and into the waterfall if you want to) will provide great views of Lake Hawea and right up to the head of the lake.
- Drive in to Dingle Bay and experience abundant bird life including many species of duck, also black swans and geese.
- Look out to the near sight of Silver Island, the only island on Lake Hawea and from one secret spot on a clear day Mt Aspiring can be seen towering above in the distance.
- It may be possible to drive out into the deer park (a short 4×4 adventure) and see red deer and fallow deer and if you are extremely lucky a Himalayan Tahr.
- You will also see Merino sheep, Crossbred sheep, Angus Cattle and horses.
Our objective is for everyone to have a safe, enjoyable and rewarding outdoor experience.
Dingleburn Station 4×4 Safari details
Duration: 4 hrs
Price: $295 Adult $145 Child (Under 14)
Availability: Dependant on farm activities and weather
Minimum 2 Pax, max 4 pax (additional vehicles available on request)
Door to door pick up and drop off from the Wanaka area